Adopting a pet is more than just giving a dog or cat a home. It’s all about welcoming a new family member and making him or her feel comfortable. And even though things might feel somewhat strange at first, furry friends always find a way to make us fall in love with them and convince us that this was one of the best decisions we could have made.
That’s why Bright Side made a compilation of pictures taken by pet’s new foster families, where you can clearly see that they’re happy to be surrounded by good people who love them.
1. “The shelter made a rule that these siblings had to be adopted together because they were inseparable. They sleep like this every night.”
2. “My wife and I adopted our first dog 2 weeks ago. The shelter said he was skittish and would take a long time to feel safe and comfortable with us. That has not been the case at all. Wallace is the best, derpiest boy. He definitely feels at home with us!”
3. “My friend rescued a kitten stuck in his garage. When I visited, it adopted me as its first cat tree.”
4. “Broke down and got my first cat because of you guys! Meet Meeghan.”
5. “We adopted Nova 12 weeks ago today and I wanted to share with you all how much he has changed since he arrived!”
6. “Adopted a 16-year-old bird named Banana last week and she finally trusts me enough to perch on my shoulder.”
7. “I adopted 12-year-old Brutus a few months ago. He is sluggish, stubborn, gassy, hogs the bed, and drools so much I have actually slipped on my kitchen floor. And I’m head over heels in love with him.”
8. “Say hi to my newly adopted buddy, Didi!”
9. “I just adopted the sweetest kitten… her name is Olive, we’re in love, and we’re gonna run away and be pirates together.”
10. “We may have adopted a large frog.”
11. “These 2 were adopted 3 years apart, from different cities. A DNA test revealed that they are long lost siblings!”
12. “I wasn’t aware I adopted a cat and a dog!”
13. “Hi everyone. This is Bella. I adopted her today, and she is very content in her new house. You can’t see them here, but she has the most beautiful green eyes. I’m smitten!”
14. “Adopted her this weekend for my birthday. She fit right in.”
15. “My adopted kitty loving on my 3-month-old daughter…”
16. “I adopted this 25-pound cat. His name is Oliver but we all call him Ratman or The Godfather. 😂 He’s awesome and he loves me very much, if you can’t tell.”
17. “Our little beaglier, Freddie, the day after he was adopted ❤️”
18. “I adopted a little hoglet.”
19. “Meet Mandolin. My parents just adopted her for their older dog, Banjo, so he wouldn’t be lonely.”
20. “My sister rescued this little man yesterday. 🤩”
Have you ever adopted a pet that changed your life forever? Do you have a picture to share with us?