BRUNO FERNANDES has won the Premier League’s Player of the Month award for a record fourth time in a year.
Manchester United’s Portuguese ace collected the December award which equalled Cristiano Ronaldo’s four gong haul during his time at Old Trafford.
No other player has claimed the accolade four times in a calendar year.
Fernandes scored three times and provided the same amount of assists as the Red Devils climbed toward the top of the table in December.
He now has 11 Prem goals this season and seven assists.
The latest award comes after he picked up the gong in February, June and November last year.
And with the latest one, Fernandes becomes the first player to win it back to back since Mo Salah in March 2018.
Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero holds the record for most awards with an impressive seven.
Steven Gerrard and Harry Kane come in second with six each.
However, the 26-year-old still has plenty of time left to equal and potentially beat Aguero at the top of the tree.
United went top of the league with their 1-0 win over Burnley on Tuesday.
And they have a blockbuster clash with Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday with a chance to go six points clear of their bitter rivals with a win.
DREAM TEAM SELECTOR
- Could you pick your way to £10,000+?
- Sign up now for Dream team Selector and start 2021 with a bang!
- Choose a winning team each week and you advance to the next round but be careful – you can only pick each team once!
- 10% Early Bird offer closes midnight January 18th
- Click HERE to play Dream Team Selector – 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org