WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
1. Our Commitment to Privacy
Your security and privacy are of paramount concern to us. In order to lay a foundation of trust and confidence in our website we guarantee never to divulge, sell or pass on your personal details to a third party without your prior consent. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
2. Data Protection Act 1988
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
3. Your Consent
By using our website, you understand and agree that the information you provide will be held on a Mall Hunters Database and used by Mall Hunters. Mall Hunters may use your information for marketing purposes. We will contact you for marketing reasons via post, telephone, fax and email or other appropriate means.
4. The Information we collect and why?
When you make a purchase online, request a catalogue, you will be asked for some essential information such as title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and payment information. These are collected to help us :
– Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email
– Contact you about your order and your account
– Deliver safe and secure shopping by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist in any legal process.
– Speed up your form filling processes if you’ve registered online.
– Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customers polls and surveys.
– Enhance your shopping experience by delivering a more personally tailored offer.
– Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams.
When you visit Mall Hunters, you can surf the site anonymously and access important information without revealing your identity. However, in order to provide a better service, we may use “cookies” to track your visit.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
Within registration to allow you to access stored inormation.
To apply discounts dependant on your point of entry into the site.
To allow you to maintain a shopping basket.
To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content to match your preferences. This also prevents you from having to ‘Log In’ every visit.
The cookie cannot be read by a Web site other than the one that sent the cookie.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you will not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Ref: data only collated for purpose of successfully completing a transaction with us.
7. How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information in the following ways:
– By encrypting your personal information. When you place an order a secure server encrypts all sensitive information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credt card details from unauthorised use.
– By keeping your information up to date and accurate. Please note that to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as name or address changes.
– By having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.